This is a difficult and beautiful race in the Bannock and Pocatello mountain ranges surrounding Pocatello Idaho. The full course is 100 kilometers long (62.5 miles) with 12,700′ of vertical gain and 12,700′ of vertical loss. In 2013 there are three different solo race lengths: 100k (62.5 miles), 60km (actually 37.3 miles w/ 8,900′ of gain), and 35 k (actually 21.3 miles w/ 5,100′ of gain). Note that the full 100k race runs all three legs, the 60km race runs legs 2 and 3, and the 35km race runs leg 3.
1) 100 km 13,200′ of gain, 13,200′ of loss.
2) 60 km 8,900′ gain, 8,000′ of loss.
3) 35 km 5,500′ gain, 5,250′ of loss.
The following information should prove useful for orienting yourself to the course and the 3 different legs (leg 1 : leg 2 : leg 3).
Aid Station & Mileage Table-NEW VERSION
Crew Maps: Google Maps link https://goo.gl/maps/UfH7a
- 2014- New S.M.U.T. 100k, 60k and 35k routes.
- 2103- the original course
- 2012 – the original course
- 2011 followed an alternative “snow course”
- 2010 followed the original course, but was cancelled due to inclement weather here
- 2009 followed the original course – here